Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Question regarding strategy games

by mafnadeda - 02 January, 2024 - 03:09 PM
This post is by a banned member (mafnadeda) - Unhide
mafnadeda  
Registered
Threads
Hello everyone! So I am planning to purchase a SteamDeck, but I am unsure whether it would be for me (game-wise). I have been reading up on it a lot, and I am just not sure how well strategy games run on it, finding contradictory videos, info, etc...
For example, I love Crusader Kings 3, however, it totalled my inadequate laptop (my fault, it was not for gaming), and I can't run it on my old PC. For gaming, I only have a Switch (I love it, but it lacks some things, f.e. CK 3...), I live in poor Hungary, working as a cheap-ass social worker, so all in all, the Steam Deck seems the most budget-friendly solution for me (high-end pc near priceless for me, so it's out of the question).
In short, Steam Deck seems like a good 'gaming console" for me, just unsure whether I can play my kind of games on it (CK 3, other strategy games). What do you think (I just can't afford to have a gaming console in my drawers getting dusty)? I know there are reviews, etc. online, but I am interested in personal experiences mainly. Thank you in advance.
This post is by a banned member (mafnadeda) - Unhide
mafnadeda  
Registered
Threads
(02 January, 2024 - 03:09 PM)mafnadeda Wrote: Show More
Hello everyone! So I am planning to purchase a SteamDeck, but I am unsure whether it would be for me (game-wise). I have been reading up on it a lot, and I am just not sure how well strategy games run on it, finding contradictory videos, info, etc...
For example, I love Crusader Kings 3, however, it totalled my inadequate laptop (my fault, it was not for gaming), and I can't run it on my old PC. For gaming, I only have a Switch (I love it, but it lacks some things, f.e. CK 3...), I live in poor Hungary, working as a cheap-ass social worker, so all in all, the Steam Deck seems the most budget-friendly solution for me (high-end pc near priceless for me, so it's out of the question). router login 192.168.l.l.link/
In short, Steam Deck seems like a good 'gaming console" for me, just unsure whether I can play my kind of games on it (CK 3, other strategy games). What do you think (I just can't afford to have a gaming console in my drawers getting dusty)? I know there are reviews, etc. online, but I am interested in personal experiences mainly. Thank you in advance.

I got this,...
This post is by a banned member (BridgetTran) - Unhide
Threads
Puedes ir a Tech Loky , creo que deberías descargar mods desde allí.
This post is by a banned member (JonhMuller) - Unhide
Threads
(02 January, 2024 - 03:09 PM)mafnadeda Wrote: Show More
For example, I love Crusader Kings 3, however, it totalled my inadequate laptop (my fault, it was not for gaming), and I can't run it on my old PC. For gaming, I only have a Switch (I love it, but it lacks some things, f.e. CK 3...), I live in poor Hungary, working as a cheap-ass social worker, so all in all, the Steam Deck seems the most budget-friendly solution for me (high-end pc near priceless for me, so it's out of the question).
Hello! It sounds like you're in a bit of a conundrum, but the Steam Deck might indeed be a good fit for your situation, especially considering your love for strategy games like Crusader Kings 3 and the constraints of your current gaming setup.
The Steam Deck is designed to run a vast range of PC games via SteamOS, including strategy games. While there might be variations in performance depending on the game's demands and the settings you choose, the device is quite capable. Crusader Kings 3, for example, has been reported to run on the Steam Deck, though you might need to adjust settings for optimal performance due to its detailed and intensive nature.
Since you're concerned about the game-wise compatibility and performance, here's what I'd suggest:
  1. Check Compatibility: Steam has a "Verified" and "Playable" rating system for games on the Steam Deck. Look up Crusader Kings 3 and other strategy games you're interested in to see if they're listed and what their performance rating is.
  2. Look for User Experiences: Since you value personal experiences, platforms like Reddit, YouTube, and gaming forums can be great resources. Many Steam Deck users share their experiences and gameplay videos, which can give you a clearer idea of how well strategy games run on the device.
  3. Consider the Controls: Strategy games often require precise controls, so consider how the game's controls will translate to the Steam Deck. The device offers a mix of touch controls, trackpads, and traditional button/joystick controls, which can cater to the complex inputs needed for strategy games.
Given your situation and the fact that high-end PCs are out of the question, the Steam Deck presents itself as a versatile and budget-friendly option. It's designed to offer a portable PC gaming experience, which seems to align well with your needs, especially if you're looking to play games like CK3. Just make sure to research a bit more on game compatibility and maybe even test the device if you have the chance before making a purchase. Good luck, and I hope the Steam Deck turns out to be the perfect gaming solution for you! Monkah