Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Methods to engage players in the story

by ztraa - 02 April, 2024 - 01:32 PM
This post is by a banned member (ztraa) - Unhide
ztraa  
Registered
Threads
I know that making players engaged (especially players new to the ttrpgs) can be very hard, so I was thinking, what are the best methods to imidietaly engage players in new campaign or oneshot?

For me the easiest way is to imidietly have them have a common goal, but have it be something important to every character personally... Like "not dying from some sort of natural disaster" or even "not being held in prison". Something that they need to work together to overcome that, engage in the story, feel characters and then give them some other more complicated quest.
This post is by a banned member (ztraa) - Unhide
ztraa  
Registered
Threads
(02 April, 2024 - 01:32 PM)ztraa Wrote: Show More
I know that making players engaged (especially players new to the ttrpgs) can be very hard, so I was thinking, what are the best methods to imidietaly engage players in new campaign or oneshot?

For me the easiest way is to imidietly have them have a common goal, but have it be something important to every character personally... Like "not dying from some sort of natural disaster" or even "not being held in prison". Something that they need to work together to overcome that, engage in the story, feel characters and then give them some other more complicated quest. <!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->omegle xender  

I got this,....
This post is by a banned member (FortunaShop) - Unhide
Threads
(02 April, 2024 - 01:32 PM)ztraa Wrote: Show More

For me the easiest way is to imidietly have them have a common goal, but have it be something important to every character personally... Like "not dying from some sort of natural disaster" or even "not being held in prison". Something that they need to work together to overcome that, engage in the story, feel characters and then give them some other more complicated quest.

To get players hooked from the start, throw them into a situation that hits close to home for each character, like a personal conflict or danger they must face together. Incorporating their backstories into the plot amps up their involvement and investment. Adding interactive elements like puzzles or moral dilemmas early on keeps them engaged and encourages teamwork. It's all about finding the right mix of excitement and depth to kick off the adventure and keep them wanting more.