Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

General strategy question

by pictoruta - 09 December, 2023 - 02:00 PM
This post is by a banned member (pictoruta) - Unhide
pictoruta  
Registered
Threads
(This post was last modified: 13 December, 2023 - 12:05 PM by pictoruta. Edited 1 time in total.)
I was watching a video where a guy was discussing milestones on Tharsis. He basically brushed the planner award aside, commenting something along the lines of, "if anyone ever has 16 cards in their hand, something has gone catastrophically wrong https://xender.vip/ .
I play a 2 player game with the same friend pretty frequently, all expansions except venus, and I'd say that in at least 80% of games we BOTH have at least 16 cards in hand at some point in the game. The games usually go 13-14 generations, so not fast, but not crazy long for 2 players as I understand it.
The question is, are we really doing something "catastrophically wrong?" I've tried drawing fewer cards and rushing terraforming but have lost every time with that strategy. Am I missing something?
Any insight would be appreciated.
This post is by a banned member (axls) - Unhide
axls  
Registered
Threads
You and your friend are experiencing a common occurrence in Tharsis, where you both frequently have at least 16 cards in hand during the game. While some players may see this as a sign of something going catastrophically wrong, it's important to remember that strategies and playstyles can vary widely in board games like Tharsis.

Having a high number of cards in hand doesn't necessarily indicate a catastrophic failure in your gameplay. In fact, it could be a deliberate strategy that works well for your play style and game dynamics.

Tharsis is a game that requires careful resource management and strategic decision-making. Balancing various aspects of the game, such as crew health, ship integrity, and completing missions, can be challenging. Having a large hand of cards allows you more options and flexibility in how you address these challenges.

It's also worth considering that different players may have different definitions of what constitutes a successful strategy in Tharsis. While some may prioritize drawing fewer cards and rushing terraforming, others may prefer a more cautious and methodical approach.

If you've experimented with drawing fewer cards and rushing terraforming but consistently lost with that strategy, it suggests that your current approach of maintaining a larger hand of cards may be more effective for your play style and group dynamics.

Ultimately, the most important aspect of playing board games is enjoying the experience and finding strategies that work well for you and your fellow players. As long as you're having fun and engaged in the gameplay, there's no right or wrong way to play Tharsis. Trust in your own instincts and continue experimenting with different strategies to see what works best for you.