Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Acidic Slimes and Basic Golems

by owall - 30 March, 2024 - 02:17 PM
This post is by a banned member (owall) - Unhide
owall  
Registered
Threads
I was thinking about how to best use the pH variations of acidic things and bases as a general idea, and just as a way to super-simplify it (Because I don't get chemistry) It felt natural for things like Slimes and Oozes to be acidic and as such have a natural weakness to, say, weapons made out of alkaline materials.
To then over simplify, Basic alkalines being more powdery (I know bleach exists, this is to simplify, not have players have to get a pH-kit to test if the slime is acidic or alkaline before throwing bombs, maybe this will end up happening at higher levels?) You could have Golems made out of alkaline things, making them the natural enemy of slimes and have a weakness of acids.

But then to take the idea a step further, what about using acid traps or alkaline traps? It seems next to impossible without the use of magic to make, for example, a pool of acids neutral enough to swim through (Glas boats might be a viable solution), without carrying a dumptruck of alkaline materials to dump in. I was not able to really find out much about how alkaline substances react to things like metals, and anyone who watched Fight Club knows how Lye works on the human skin.

So my question to the coolest people on the internet, How would you use BOTH acids and alkalines in your* RPG, in a way the players can counter-act one with the other?

*(I mostly try to think of both low-fantasy and also sci-fi ideas, as I like the idea of combining them into science-fantasy where a firewand and a laserpistol has more or less the same mechanical effect)
This post is by a banned member (owall) - Unhide
owall  
Registered
Threads
(30 March, 2024 - 02:17 PM)owall Wrote: Show More
I was thinking about how to best use the pH variations of acidic things and bases as a general idea, and just as a way to super-simplify it (Because I don't get chemistry) It felt natural for things like Slimes and Oozes to be acidic and as such have a natural weakness to, say, weapons made out of alkaline materials.
To then over simplify, Basic alkalines being more powdery (I know bleach exists, this is to simplify, not have players have to get a pH-kit to test if the slime is acidic or alkaline before throwing bombs, maybe this will end up happening at higher levels?) You could have Golems made out of alkaline things, making them the natural enemy of slimes and have a weakness of acids <!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://xender.vip/ .

But then to take the idea a step further, what about using acid traps or alkaline traps? It seems next to impossible without the use of magic to make, for example, a pool of acids neutral enough to swim through (Glas boats might be a viable solution), without carrying a dumptruck of alkaline materials to dump in. I was not able to really find out much about how alkaline substances react to things like metals, and anyone who watched Fight Club knows how Lye works on the human skin.

So my question to the coolest people on the internet, How would you use BOTH acids and alkalines in your* RPG, in a way the players can counter-act one with the other?

*(I mostly try to think of both low-fantasy and also sci-fi ideas, as I like the idea of combining them into science-fantasy where a firewand and a laserpistol has more or less the same mechanical effect)

I got this,...